FM Henry

Lake Trout at Quabbin Reservoir

Back in 2010 I wanted to target a new species within my home state of Massachusetts and that species is the Lake Trout. Though I have caught them in other states I wanted to catch some on home water. To me there is just something more gratifying about being successful within you own backyard and doing it all yourself, versus traveling and hiring a guide or charter service. The Quabbin Reservoir is only one of two lakes within the state that have a lake trout fishery and the only one that allows anglers to fish out of boats. The only other recognized lake trout fishery within the state is Wachusett Reservoir, which only allows shore fishing. Last year I targeted landlocked salmon and smallmouth bass at the Quabbin and since I was already a little familiar with that lake and prefer fishing out of a boat naturally I chose it for my lake trout hunt. Last year I never even caught an incidental Laker. So this year it became a goal. This video shows some of the Lakers I caught earlier in the spring, including my first MA Laker. It also shows a couple of friends who I helped put on their first MA Lake Trout as well. The lake trout are wild and are bigger than your average hatchery reared trout and are another great game fish option.
Es gibt keine Kommentare zum Anzeigen

Medieninformationen

Kategorie
Forellenvideos
Hinzugefügt von
FM Henry
Datum
Aufrufe
Anzahl Kommentare
Bewertung
0,00 Stern(e) 0 Bewertung(en)

Teilen